Saturday, October 10, 2015

Baby Bumps: Sixty Two days of motherhood

two months old

Saturdays


Humblet is two months old to the day. That means I have been a mother for sixty two days now. And you think the upcoming O Levels is the most stressful thing in your life. Hah.

Because I've never been a very child-friendly individual, I started this journey with zero (and I mean zero) experience. Having never carried a newborn, helped to change a dirty diaper or even placed a baby in its stroller, I plunged into this whole journey blindfolded...and I have only myself to blame. 

As a result poor Humblet has - 

a. nearly been dropped (ok maybe dropped)
b. left freezing (who knew swaddle cloths were not warm enough for air conditioned rooms)
c. over heated (did not read that the onesie was made of 60% wool)
d. slept overnight with a soiled diaper
e. vomited / spat / thrown up milk because her mother forgot the part on burping

. . . and many more.


Beyond the mistakes I've made and the gazillion more I will make, this is what Humblet's second month looks like -

teehee

She laughs and smiles so much it drives me crazy, I now know what it means when people say you are so happy you feel like your heart could burst! Each time she smiles, my heart leaps. Ridiculous.

Blowing bubbles is also a thing now that she discovered saliva. Time to whip out them tiny bibs. Another grand discovery are her hands, she now tries to grab swinging items during play time. J.G. thinks she's a leftie. (Yes!) We shall see in due time. 

'Ah-woo', 'Gerrr' and 'Ee-yah' are her first words much to her father's disappointment. She says them with strange consistency. Which makes me wonder, which of my words sound like that to her?

The most amazing thing is that she sleeps 7-8hrs a night now. Somehow she's been increasing her sleep an hour every week after her first month and now she's hit nine in the evening to four / five in the morning. How does she know to lengthen her nighttime sleep? 

These and a bazillion other questions plague me as I stare as this little human grow each day in pure amazement. 

Thank you for these two months humblet. You can not imagine how much we love you. We never knew we could love so much either, until you came and taught us how



Immensely grateful,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment